Damn, I can't listen to my Ety ER4S anymore...
Mar 29, 2002 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

acidtripwow

Headphoneus Supremus
...because every time I do and then switch to my other headphones they sound veiled to me. The Etys make their living in the midrange and when I listen to vocals, especially female vocals, they sound so open and airy. I don't think they have the best bottom or top end but man the mids are really very open. I hate you Etymotic, I really do!
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2002 at 9:42 PM Post #3 of 10
I'm with you, acid. After the Etys, everything sounds veiled, even muddy.........and that includes HP-1s! I have to limit my Ety fix and only use them for selected recordings.........otherwise, my pile of headphones would seem kind of pointless.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 29, 2002 at 11:13 PM Post #7 of 10
Just a hint,

They aren't supposed to touch. If they do you have definately inserted them to far!

Actually you just need to get a good seal. If you have to insert them that far maybe you need some of the larger eartips.

Don Wilson
Etymotic Research

Mar 29, 2002 at 11:14 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Damn, I can't listen to my Ety ER4S anymore

looks like you'll just have to give them to me then.....

Mar 29, 2002 at 11:47 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by d_wilson

They aren't supposed to touch. If they do you have definately inserted them to far!

.....that's how you get crossfeed with no crossfeed.
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2002 at 12:57 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by d_wilson
Actually you just need to get a good seal. If you have to insert them that far maybe you need some of the larger eartips.

Or maybe he could just bind his big ass ears like Chinese Elvish women used to do... or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back