Damaged cable on sr325i
Apr 28, 2009 at 7:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Wiggy Fuzz

100+ Head-Fier
hi. the cable has split a little, revealing the wires inside on my sr325i's, both by the y joint and in the cup itself (the little seal where the wire holds onto the metal cups)

my grado's are still in warranty, and i still have the original receipt, but i've long since removed the buttons and paint and glue from the mesh and sanded down the grado logo on the plastic ring. i doubt grado will touch them, because of that...

anyway, is there any way i can try and fix this myself? and just out of interest are there any persons willing to handle a recable who lives near me
smile.gif
(just thought i'd ask)

thanks.

Apr 28, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi. the cable has split a little, revealing the wires inside on my sr325i's, both by the y joint and in the cup itself (the little seal where the wire holds onto the metal cups)

my grado's are still in warranty, and i still have the original receipt, but i've long since removed the buttons and paint and glue from the mesh and sanded down the grado logo on the plastic ring. i doubt grado will touch them, because of that...

anyway, is there any way i can try and fix this myself? and just out of interest are there any persons willing to handle a recable who lives near me
smile.gif
(just thought i'd ask)

thanks.

Simple...black electrical tape.

Apr 28, 2009 at 7:39 PM Post #3 of 5
If you've already modded them that much, you could probably handle a recable yourself.

If you lived in the US, I know you could send them in to be fixed for a fee, but since you're in the UK it's probably easier to just recable it yourself or have someone local do it for you.

Electrical tape is more like a temporary solution that will only cover up the problem... The wires will eventually get worse where it's currently exposed.

Apr 28, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggranak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could sell them to me and I'd recable them and add them to my collection, lol.
beyersmile.png

But, on a more serious note, recabling is REALLY easy, I just recabled my friend's D1001s recently and there is nothing to it (I'm a 17-year old with no prior experience with modding electronics or soldering).

cool. could you post me some pics?

i think i'll try a re-cable. now, which cable do i choose? i would like a fabric wrapped cable, that hopefully doesn't tangle easily, and is quite thick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back