Dallas, TX - Sunday, June 1st, 2014 - "The Fickle Force of June" meetup
May 13, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #107 of 183
I have hotter stuff I can bring 
evil_smiley.gif

May 14, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #109 of 183
I'm going to try to be there.  This time, I'll have some portable DACs with me.  If I go, I will have a beyerdynamic)))) A200P on hand, along with a CEntrance Hi-Fi M8, an HRT microStreamer, and a FiiO E17.   

I have yet to hear the A200P, but last night, I tested hi-res playback using the following chain:

Seagate Wireless Plus --(wireless hi-res)-> iPhone 5 --(CCK)-> HRT microStreamer --(audio)-> E12DIY -> headphone

and it sounded glorious!  

May 16, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #113 of 183

FYI... my "price/performance destroyer" Decware/Concero/HD800 rig will be making one final appearance during this meet. Already sold the HD800's to HideousPride but the Decware and Concero are still up for grabs.

Main perk with the Decware is the tube complement. I'm including the best I ever found for it (and believe me, I've rolled gobs of 'em!): Emission Labs 5U4G meshplate and Mullard E88CC 1960's old shield. Also an RCA 5Y3GT for good measure. :)

May 16, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #114 of 183
Getting out of headphones or moving to a completely new rig?

May 18, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #116 of 183
I will be attending the meetup too!  I'll bring along my Beyerdynamic Tesla T1s, Yulong DA8 DAC, and Bottlehead Crack + Speedball.

May 19, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #118 of 183
  Dunno yet. The meetup will help me decide what to do. :)

tree time
start ---->

stick with headphones ------->                                                         dump headphones------>
buy better(stax?)------>   buy cheaper---->                                       dump audio hobby----->                               keep audio hobby---->
                                                                                                    put $$$ in bank---->                                   drop $$$$ on speakers and amps--->
                                                                                                                                                                   neighbors complain about noise---->                         
                                                                                                                                                                   return to top of tree--->                                                                                                                                                                            

May 20, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #119 of 183
I listen almost exclusively with my speakers now... Except when my dad complains about it.

May 20, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #120 of 183
I listen almost exclusively with my speakers now... Except when my dad complains about it.

Just remind him of how his mom and dad used to complain about his listening to his Kenwood setup in the day. (not that I had anything to do with influencing the volume and bass levels to be turned up, at all...) 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back