Dallas, TX -- Mini-Meet?
Oct 12, 2011 at 5:50 AM Post #16 of 29
I'm dying to show off my new Smeggy Thunderpants and CTH amp setup, so if there's a meet I'll be sure to attend.  It'd also be nice to finally meet the other local Head-fi'ers too as I couldn't make previous DFW meets.

Oct 13, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #17 of 29
Ok, guys - I am doing a new build that I'd like to finish before having a meet. Alex has had the year from hell, and dealing with some family health issues, which is why he has not been able to sponsor our usual meet. Maybe December or January is a reasonable target, though I can host a mini-meet once I finish the current build, estimated at about 6 weeks (since I have to order a LOT of components).

We'll just have to play it by ear.

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #18 of 29
I'd like to plan for something maybe around the time of the last Austin meet. May-ish. I'm hoping that I get this promotion at work and some nice Christmas money...Which would equal a nice Phonitor to show off at a meet. 

On a side note, whatcha makin'?

Quote:
Ok, guys - I am doing a new build that I'd like to finish before having a meet. Alex has had the year from hell, and dealing with some family health issues, which is why he has not been able to sponsor our usual meet. Maybe December or January is a reasonable target, though I can host a mini-meet once I finish the current build, estimated at about 6 weeks (since I have to order a LOT of components).

We'll just have to play it by ear.

Oct 21, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #19 of 29
I'd be interested. As amazing as RMAF was it was quite expensive, a light road trip is much easier on the wallet. Only have customs atm, but who knows what I'll have by Jan-May.

Oct 21, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #20 of 29
Now that I'm aware of Cavalli being based in Austin I'm going to try and get some head time with both of their amps. 

Maybe I could work out a prototype loaner for a meet like we had in May at the Austin meet.

Quote:
I'd be interested. As amazing as RMAF was it was quite expensive, a light road trip is much easier on the wallet. Only have customs atm, but who knows what I'll have by Jan-May.

Oct 21, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #21 of 29
I am getting a Liquid Lightning (proto), but, due to my enforceable NDA with Cavalli Audio, I simply can't comment more. It will probably take a month to source and build, so that is the by ear part. I also have a BH derivative (with a ccs problem to fix, NOT subject to NDA) and a hybrid stat amp that is something else entirely (under NDA) - in addition to my trusty eXStatA.

So, several things, no promises, subject to all sorts of schedule contingencies, but, all electrostat.

Oct 21, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #22 of 29
At this point I'm trying to find a DAC end all for my rig (for awhile at least). After that I've got to decide whether I want to go the 'stats route or the dynamic route. Either way I see a Cavalli product in my future...

Very interested.

Quote:
I am getting a Liquid Lightning (proto), but, due to my enforceable NDA with Cavalli Audio, I simply can't comment more. It will probably take a month to source and build, so that is the by ear part. I also have a BH derivative (with a ccs problem to fix, NOT subject to NDA) and a hybrid stat amp that is something else entirely (under NDA) - in addition to my trusty eXStatA.

So, several things, no promises, subject to all sorts of schedule contingencies, but, all electrostat.

Jan 4, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #24 of 29
Just a reminder for North Texans.
There is a local Grado/ Senn dealer in Dallas with some set out for testing.
They used to be a Stax dealer before the collapse of the distribution., but they
went to Senns to replace them.
Audio Concepts is the name, no affiliation. New Grados are priced the same everywhere,
so supporting Brick and mortar means a place to listen. Be warned, they have a lot
of expensive toys!

I have a mix of Stax gear as well as an exstata hybrid. I also have  senn 650's, grado sr-100's(non-hp1 drivers)
and a ASL amp. Audio-gd nfb3, Headamp Pico dac, and a Monica NOS dac.
It's been a while, so we really need to make this happen in the next month or two.

Feb 7, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #25 of 29
EDIT: I'm an idiot and searched dallas meet, didn't realize there was a Texas meet ON THE FRONT page. 

Mar 14, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #27 of 29

Quote:
Just a reminder for North Texans.
There is a local Grado/ Senn dealer in Dallas with some set out for testing.
They used to be a Stax dealer before the collapse of the distribution., but they
went to Senns to replace them.
Audio Concepts is the name, no affiliation. New Grados are priced the same everywhere,
so supporting Brick and mortar means a place to listen. Be warned, they have a lot
of expensive toys!

I have a mix of Stax gear as well as an exstata hybrid. I also have  senn 650's, grado sr-100's(non-hp1 drivers)
and a ASL amp. Audio-gd nfb3, Headamp Pico dac, and a Monica NOS dac.
It's been a while, so we really need to make this happen in the next month or two.

Flower Mound?  I live in Lewisville - probably less than 15min from you.

Apr 13, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #28 of 29
Yeah I'm an ultranoob and have nothing but I might get some d2ks, I'd love to hear what some grados and Senns sound like I might have to check that Audio Concepts out.

Although, it does seem like the guys here want to show off their stuff, so being a young starting enthusiast I'd love to hear what some of the gear listed would sound like. Just curious does anyone have any of those high end Portable DAPs? I've only heard what iPods sound like...would love to expand my repertoire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back