Dallas, TX - "Beat the heat" mini-meet - Sunday, June 24th
Aug 27, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #106 of 119
There was talk of another Dallas Mini-Meet in October but Nick hasn't started the thread yet so I don't think that's going to happen. Hope all's well with him. Jan is my birthday and I'm fine with doing it earlier, but March has been the month we've had it in for 2 years now. I kind of like it. The weather is usually nice that time of year and it's around spring break for the school-fiers. 

It just always seemed to work.

Quote:
Is it possible to to have a nov-jan meet? If we're set on march that's fine i guess but maybe we can split the cities. One in march and the other city in Oct-Nov. *shrug*

Aug 27, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #107 of 119
Nick and I recently talked and as far as I know he still plans on having the meet in October.

Aug 27, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #108 of 119
This Dallas meet didn't have a lot of time from announcement to happening (1 month exactly) so I wouldn't count out an October meet just yet.

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #109 of 119
Right you are, Maxvla. October meet in Dallas is still on. :)

Should I start a new discussion thread for each and every meet? Seems like that might clog up the forum. Perhaps one thread per year would suffice? Or one long-running Dallas thread in total?

I'm liking the casual format of hosting two local meets (June and October). The dates overlap nicely with holidays, doesn't conflict with the Austin meet, and the weather is typically nice. So I'll stick with June/October and let's run with it for awhile.

For October, Sunday the 14th is looking like an ideal day for it. 

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #110 of 119
2 week warning? lol.

Might not be able to make this one (nothing to bring anyway :D )

And yes I'd make a new thread every time. You won't really clog up the meet forum as it moves slow as molasses no matter how many threads there are. It also gives people an easier thread to link to in their signatures and it's easier to keep track of who's talking about what. 

Quote:
Right you are, Maxvla. October meet in Dallas is still on. :)

Should I start a new discussion thread for each and every meet? Seems like that might clog up the forum. Perhaps one thread per year would suffice? Or one long-running Dallas thread in total?

I'm liking the casual format of hosting two local meets (June and October). The dates overlap nicely with holidays, doesn't conflict with the Austin meet, and the weather is typically nice. So I'll stick with June/October and let's run with it for awhile.

For October, Sunday the 14th is looking like an ideal day for it. 

Aug 29, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #111 of 119
2 week + 1 month, unless they don't have September where you're from :p

Aug 29, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #112 of 119
I actually don't believe in September. You've all had the wool pulled over your eyes by September. The evil temptress that she is. Blasting her siren's song over you for your entire life. I pity those who recognize September's reign of tyranny as the norm. 

Rebel with me and lift the veil. Down with September, take the power back!

(I've been working 11 hour days at work lately, give me a break.)

Quote:
2 week + 1 month, unless they don't have September where you're from
tongue.gif

Sep 6, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #115 of 119
Morbid, please add me to your list! I won't be able to make the October one, but crossing my fingers for March.

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #118 of 119
Yep, 'tis a shame about the date conflict. Next year I'll coordinate everything so that it falls on the weekend after RMAF... assuming it won't interfere with Halloween of course. Muah ah ah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back