Dallas or Miami Will Win NBA Championship?
Jun 5, 2006 at 8:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19
Who will win NBA Championship? Miami? Dallas?

Anonymous and confidential!

I voted: I don't know!

Adam
280smile.gif

Jun 6, 2006 at 4:16 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk
I voted Heat because the Mavs beat my team the Suns.

Big Sun's fan here, as well (actually I'm a fan of all of our local sports teams here in PHX), but I'm rooting for the Mavericks because I like Avery Johnson a lot. Plus, I don't like it when ultra-super-star led teams win. I would always root against the Bulls back in the Jordan era.

Jun 6, 2006 at 6:39 AM Post #9 of 19
From watching the games, I personally believe the Miami Heat have been playing better defense as of late.

Wade creates a lot of matchup issues that I can't see the Mavs and their guards resolving in a timely fashion. They'll either double team him and lose to Shaq or he'll put up 30/6/6 on the board with 80% FG.

Heat in seven.

-Matt

Jun 6, 2006 at 6:55 AM Post #10 of 19
I voted Dallas. They are just sooooo deep, I don't think Miami and the Shaq attaq will be able to handle them. Dallas in 6...

Jun 6, 2006 at 6:57 AM Post #11 of 19
Heat in 7
Heares why...
Rebounding - Miami
Points in the paint - Miami
defense in the paint - Miami
Team defense - maybe a *Slight* edge to Dallas... They were able to throttle Phoenix well enough to win.

Looking like a really fun series. I want to see d-Wade and Nowiski duke it out for 50 each... Bird / Dominique kind of thing.

I'm rooting for Dallas though. Im a big Avery Johnson fan... Loved the guy when he was in the bay area.

Garrett

Jun 6, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #13 of 19
there should be another option on the poll:

"I don't care!"

to me i don't care about this series since both of LA's team lost.
mad.gif
I want to go for Dallas since they beat those damn Suns who outst both of the LA teams... but i'm thinking the Heat will win in 7 games.

Jun 7, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
Dallas is deep, but who's gonna be able to shutdown Shaq?

Nobody. Let shaq run, shut down the rest of the team. That's the only way to win IMO. Or get him into fowl trouble quick, which is very possible...

Also, I absolutely cannot stand GP. I think he is a cocky person. That said, I am cheering for him to win a ring to cap his very good career. Cocky as he may be, he is a great defensive player and definitely deserves a ring. But I still think Dallas will win it in 6...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back