Dallas Meetup - September 29, 2013 - impressions thread
Oct 4, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #31 of 48
I remember others took many photos as well. Post 'em, guys! 
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #32 of 48
This was my first audio meetup and the first opportunity I have had to experience some truly amazing equipment and sound. The only equipment I have had a chance to use before are the devices I own myself (HD598, DT770Pro, Magni/Modi, Valhalla, E17), with all of which I have been very pleased, but they are definitely still low-end to mid-range audiophile gear. So, it was wonderful to get a chance to check out some more high-end items and to really hear what great audio can be like.

It was also really great to be with a group of people whom share such a strong appreciation for, knowledge of, and familiarity with high-quality audio. For once, I was on the learning end of things instead of trying to share my sound and limited knowledge with my often-not-as-enthusiastic friends, haha. I only have one or two friends whom are semi-serious about high-quality sound, so I do not really have much of a regular opportunity to share my interest with others.

I would say that the highlights of the day for me were as follows -
Alpha Dogs on the Schiit stack - it was great to hear a closed headphone sound so good, had a nice little chat with Dan
HD800 on the Decware - this was some of the best sound I heard all day
Shpongle on the Kuzma - first chance I have had to listen to the new Shpongle vinyl I got, and it sounded incredible
Rega RP3 - I plan to get one of these in the nearish future, so it was good to check it out and give it a listen

I had a blast and I look forward to the next one. The two friends I brought with me had a wonderful time too. I expect I may also try to make the Austin even in January as well if possible.

Thanks to Nick for organizing these events!

Oct 5, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #33 of 48
I wish I could have made it. They moved my Dallas meeting to 10/3-4. I did enjoy Dallas' hospitality for the 3 days I was there. Keep the Pics coming! Great to see the good gear. I concur about the HD800's and the CSP2+. I love the combo with the USAF-596 in the rectifier slot.

Nick, is that the Mesh EML 5U4G you were using in the CSP2+?

Oct 6, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #34 of 48
Nick, is that the Mesh EML 5U4G you were using in the CSP2+?

Yes indeedy! Tried nearly all of them except the Sophia 274b which is outside the rated specs. EML 5U4G mesh is my favorite.

Oct 6, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #35 of 48
Oct 18, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #38 of 48
Sorry I missed this one... looks like it was fun.  I should be there for Austin, though.  

Nick, are you still trying to kill people with that salsa?

Yeah, I cried.

Oct 19, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #41 of 48
Nov 1, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #43 of 48
  Finally able to catch up by reading this tread.  No surprise that I wish I would have been able to attend.

Provided the salsa wasn't left over from the June meet, it was probably OK.

Jes gotta keep it in the frig, main.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back