DAL CardDeluxe does not compatible with VIA?
Sep 16, 2004 at 7:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bzy83

New Head-Fier
i just bought a DAL CardDeluxe, i installed the card and driver, and restart the computer, the computer screen was freezed and lost responses. changing driver and changing PCI slot does not help...

any body have met the same problem? is that because the card does not compatible with the VIA KT600 chipset on my comuter?

my computer configeration is

AMD Athlon 2500+
Abit kv7 kt600 chipset
ATI 9800pro
Creative Audigy (disabled when installing CardDeluxe)

Sep 16, 2004 at 9:53 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by bzy83
i just bought a DAL CardDeluxe, i installed the card and driver, and restart the computer, the computer screen was freezed and lost responses. changing driver and changing PCI slot does not help...

any body have met the same problem? is that because the card does not compatible with the VIA KT600 chipset on my comuter?

my computer configeration is

AMD Athlon 2500+
Abit kv7 kt600 chipset
ATI 9800pro
Creative Audigy (disabled when installing CardDeluxe)

If you are running XP... Try updating to the latest Hyperion 4in1 drivers. I tend to recall testing my CardDeluxe in a MSI KT6 Delta board with no problems, but I always keep my drivers on bleeding edge on my non-mission critical boxen. You should probably install the 4in1 in safe mode, just to make sure none of the wild file locking crap Windows does gets in the way of your device upgrade.

As always, set a restore point first unless you know what you're doing in the system registry and know how to eliminate things like dllcache.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back