Daft ratings
Aug 12, 2011 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Fidelity_Fiend

New Head-Fier
I am simply interested to see what others think about this. When I read hifi mags I am often shocked by how much EVERYTHING they review is hyped. One example would be what hifi (uk) the pages of this mag are simply bursting with four and five star reviews. I have noticed plenty of other mags/sites like this.

Now I know people on the net like to makes bold claims esp audiophiles but why do you think this is the case with reviews? I know different people interpret rating scales differently (in uk universities the highest grade boundary starts at 70 and if you got a humanities essay in the 90's at a good uni it would have to be something very impressive, while I know in the US its not uncommon to get what would be by our standards very high marks). Nonetheless I am interested to see why you guys think this happens? I don't know how you would pick a product to buy out of a mag like that cos about 80% of stuff they review gets a perfect score.

Let the speculation begin!

Aug 12, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #3 of 4
Do we really think it is that simple? It seems to extend even to websites, are people really so sceptical?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back