Daft Punk's Electroma
Jul 30, 2017 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Strangelove424

500+ Head-Fier
The reviews on Electroma range quite a bit, and I heard some people walked out of this at Cannes. There are parts of the film I think could have been condensed, but overall I think this is a great experience. I'm not one to typically enjoy sprawling, loose fitting indie narratives driven by style, but there is something that keeps me coming back to this. Strangely, I've watched it twice since receiving the Netflix disc. The imagery is extremely powerful, and in this day in age with massively commercial comic hero movies, seeing something so simple, genuine, and personal is a refreshing change of pace. The film does tend to become hypnotically focused on certain shots that go on for a while. However, if you free yourself from the desire to find productivity in the plot line, or accept the idea that it's okay to simply immerse yourself in the image and sound for the sake of stimulating your senses, then this really does become a great film. And not in the sense that any 'ole artsy indie film can be perceived that way with the right shaded lens. There is a genuine texture and emotion to this film, and the music that accompanies it, that is not trendy or faked. The imagery is original, and potent enough to seer into your brain. I really think this is an honest attempt by Daft Punk to express some deeply human experiences, at times quite haunting. If you are a fan of Daft Punk, or just enjoy the pairing of music and film, I highly recommend giving this a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back