DAF*Q?????? Can it all be so simple???
Sep 2, 2012 at 6:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kid vic

Headphoneus Supremus
Sep 3, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #2 of 4
Yes and no. Yes it's that simple if you know what you're doing, and in the case of such kits more than, say, AMB Labs' and others like them that more experienced DIY-ers might easily trust more easily,instruments to check if it's working properly/within tolerance or specs so it won't damage anything (msot especially your headphones).

No, obviously, if you have no experience in working with a soldering iron and just expect you can slap this thing together and expect brilliant results. As for the SQ of a properly built amp from this kit, it's hard to tell - some kits can be relatively simple and deceptively good, while others will of course be lacking in one or another area.

Sep 4, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #3 of 4
Alright, so this is most likely a bad idea? I'll probably go for an AMB for my build

Sep 4, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Alright, so this is most likely a bad idea? I'll probably go for an AMB for my build

If you have the technical skills and that much more money, definitely go for AMB. Thing is you can have a reasonable expectation for what they will sound like given all the reviews here, unlike the unknown kits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back