Daewoo DVD-5800 Code Free DVD player with built-in Video Converter
Sep 6, 2003 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Sovkiller

Proved that despite its huge size the CD3000 can be shoved down one's throat.
I'm interested in this DVD player, as sometimes is not easy to get what you want in NTSC, musical mostly, in europe there is a huge variety, and here we can't play them, any member had tried it, Ik now is a crappy brand but I was not able to find any better that do the same job......maybe Tuberoller (Fred), knows something about it, is it good, bad or what.....of course just for that purpose, I know it may be not audiophile quality but maybe do the job nicely.......
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
here are some specs:

Silver color version of the Daewoo DVD-5700, The best video playback quality of any model with a built-in PAL/NTSC video converter!

<<<<< Better than JVC and Toshiba!>>>>>(???? LOL)

Code Free for playback of any region DVD movie from zones 1-6.
Guaranteed to play all old, current and future DVD movies including DVDs that are RCE/REA coded. The player is totally guaranteed to play ANY DVD from ANY Region on any American, European, Asian TV TV in the World! Plays on any NTSC, PAL, SECAM TV in the World! Play a PAL movie on a NTSC TV or Play a NTSC movie on a PAL TV. Basically play any DVD movie on any TV!
This unit has a built-in high quality 8Mb video converter so you can play any DVD or Video CD movie on any TV in the world.
Plays any region PAL or NTSC DVD movies! Plays only DVD, Video CD, Super V-CD, Audio CD, MP3 Discs and all audio CD-R, audio CD-R/W. Macrovision off makes this player VCR Friendly:

Make copies of all your favorite DVD movies or Video CDs. This unit can be hooked up to any VCR, analog camcorder or computer for duplication. You can also make converted copies of DVD movies. For example: Make NTSC VHS copy of a PAL DVD movie OR make a PAL VHS copy of a NTSC DVD movie.World Gift Center does not sell or promote this item for commercial use. Any duplication of copyright protected media is a violation of copyright laws.
Dolby Digital Decoder and DTS Decoder for 5.1 channel surround sound
10-bit Video D/A Converter
96 kHz/24-bit Audio D/A Converter with frequency response of 20 Hz ~ 20 kHz
4 Level virtual surround sound
Standard and wide screen TV formats- 16X9, 4X3 Letter Box, 4X3 Pan & Scan
Multi-Language On-Screen Display - English, Spanish
8X Digital Zoom
1/2X , 1/4X , 1/8X Slow Motion in forward and reverse
Full function remote control
Video Outputs:

Video Output
S-Video Output
Component (Y, Pr, Pb) Output
Audio Outputs:

Analog 2 Channel Output
Digital Coaxial for 5.1 channel surround sound
Headphone
Includes:

Remote
Batteries for Remote
Instruction manual
AV cables
Large to small headphone converter
Free S-Video cable - for limited time only
General:

World Wide auto switching voltage supply between 100-240 Volts, 50/60 Hz
26 watts power consumption
10 Lbs
Dimensions 17" X 12" X 2.4"
Warranty - 90 days exchange plus 1 year manufacturer or World Gift Center warranty. We totally stand behind this product and fully back its quality.

Please mods if this does not belong to this forum, fell free to move it to whichever you consider appropriate, OK?

Sep 7, 2003 at 6:25 AM Post #2 of 2
that dac conversion for cd interests me. it's like dvd963sa by philips. (in terms of specs) since it's daewoo, gotta be real inexpensive, too. but..... where is it saying progressive scan? i mean, with hdtv, progressive scan makes such a HUGE HUGE difference. for the future usability (wrong word? hehe), progressive scan is a must, IMO.
anyways, interested in its price.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back