DAE software for Mac?
Feb 3, 2002 at 12:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gusmahler

New Head-Fier
I am thinking of getting a Mac because of its better movie and image handling capabilities. If I do get a Mac, I might as well get an IPOD as well.

I realize that, in the Windows world, Exact Audio copy is widely regarded as the standard for extracting digital audio from CDs. What good DAE software is available for the Mac? How does it compare to EAC?

Feb 3, 2002 at 1:05 AM Post #2 of 5
If you get Roxio's Toast, it comes with "Toast Audio Extractor," which I believe does exactly the same thing as DAE on the Windows side.

Feb 3, 2002 at 1:06 AM Post #3 of 5
Toast (the package) includes an application called Toast Audio Extractor that works quite will for extracting digital audio. I've used it many times with good results.

Feb 3, 2002 at 2:07 AM Post #4 of 5
Grr it's "Mac" not "MAC"... capatilized letters usually refer to an acronym, and "MAC" refers to "Media Access Control", the hardware address of your NIC (network interface card aka ethernet card). Mac is short for Macintosh, so I guess that would make it Mac. then...

Feb 3, 2002 at 6:27 PM Post #5 of 5
I would second the prior rec for Roxio's Toast- but get Toast Titanium since the Toast pre-packaged with some CDR's is not the same software package.

Jon
12+ years from an SE/30(still working!) to G4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back