DAC's in my Denon?
Aug 6, 2006 at 4:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

russdog

500+ Head-Fier
My Denon AVR4802 has Analog Devices AD-1854 24/96 DAC's. I know these are a few years old. I don't know how well have they aged, given all the stuff that's more recent. By today's standards, where are they on the scale from Crappy (0) to Decent (50) to Good (100)? Are there particular qualities they have?

Aug 6, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by russdog
My Denon 4802 has Analog Devices AD-1854 24/96 DAC's. I know these are a few years old. I don't know how well have they aged, given all the stuff that's more recent. By today's standards, where are they on the scale from Crappy (0) to Decent (50) to Good (100)? Are there particular qualities they have?

I'd say there still in the very good! The best mods for the Denon and most other cd/dvd players is in the analog stage(just after the dac).

If new dac did not come out, profits would go down! Most new dacs are better than old dacs but a big part of SQ is in the output stage.

A friend of mine is still using a 12~15 year old DAC and it sounds great! its a MUSE and if he ever sells it, I'll be first in line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back