DacPort and DacPort LX difference in Amp section
Nov 19, 2012 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tassardar

500+ Head-Fier
I would just like to ask if DacPort LX, does it have the full amp section similar to the DacPort but locked a certain volume or a total different amp assembly? If my aim is to get just a all in 1 solution, is it worth to get a DacPort at $100 more then the LX and control the volume via software. I do have a home amp but will not have access to it for a few months, as such I do not want another amplifier for now.

Nov 19, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #2 of 5
Hello Tassardar,
The DACport LX does have the same amplifier assembly as the regular DACport, but locked in at line-level. The main advantage you receive with regular DACport is the ability to drive larger headphones because it has +3 dB more available gain. The analog volume control is also very handy. The prices have recently changed which makes DACport ($300) only $50 more than DACport LX ($250).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Kenny

Nov 19, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks. If I was to run DacPort to a amplifier, what would be the recommanded position for the volume pot?

Apr 2, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #5 of 5
I've read in this forum (and maybe in other websites too) that DACPort LX sounds different, cleaner than DACPort.
About their amp: do you think that the LX version is powerful enaugh to drive my AKG K601? I'm asking it especially for classical music, which is the hardest (in my opinion).
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back