dac2541 announced
Nov 16, 2020 at 11:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

passernger10000

New Head-Fier
HI All,

Just saw on the Soekris WWW the new dac2541 is launched, looks exactly like the outgoing 1541, thought this was going to be a major revision but cannot be sure what the changes are? Amp section has the same specs as the old model. Anyone have further information?

Nov 16, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #2 of 3
Nov 16, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #3 of 3
And there is more on SBAF, and this from Søren over on diyaudio:

I try to seperate the DIY and End User products, I did post this on SBAF:

ok, it's correct that the dac2541 reuse the case design, otherwise the differences are:

There are just two R-2R networks in the dac2541, they have then been improved, and have better voltage references. The output buffer creates the balanced output, and are using the new TI opa1656 cmos opamp. The headphone amplifier is separate, a classic composite with a opa1656 and discrete high bias diamond buffer.

The FPGA have been changed to the significant larger Lattice LFE5U-45. Still use 4K filters, but at some point I will increase the number of taps.

The USB Audio Mode 1/2 switch is gone, seems everybody is running Mode 2 anyway.

The dac2541 calibrate itself on power up, reduce THD a little and make it more consistent, and make it possible to use less precise resistors.

Power Input Plug is IEC8, just like the latest dac1541.

Firmware can be updated without opening the case, have a built in USB to Serial port using the same USB connector as for Audio.

All result in lower manufacturing cost and sale price....

The sound is still the same principle, reproduce what comes in without changing the sound. People who have listened to a dac2541 say it's very musical and clean, the best from analog records and CDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back