Dac1 vs. headroom ultra micro dac?
Dec 9, 2007 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

wsilvio

500+ Head-Fier
I'm curious if anyone has heard both and made any comparisons? I know that the dac1 has a great rep, and also realize its output flexibility. I'm currently using a headroom '06 micro dac with my gilmore lite and macbook pro using the optical out and lossless and aiff files. No complaints really, just curious about a source upgrade. Thanks.

will

Dec 10, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #4 of 8
I'm using the ultra microdac right now and it is incredible. I haven't heard the dac1, but I can say the ultra is a huge improvement over the regular microdac.

Dec 11, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #6 of 8
My 2 cents are that the DAC1 would be the more versatile and "powerful" sounding DAC, while the Ultra Micro Dac makes a great portable. The DAC1 has XLR and variable output options. FWIW, I love my DAC1 and will keep it around for all my CDs and computer audio. It's very crisp and plays nice with Senns and Grados.
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2008 at 8:32 AM Post #7 of 8
I've got a Benchmark Dac1 Usb on the way and I currently have the microstack(amp/dac) that I've listen to for a long happy time(spdif) and will let you know.

Jan 16, 2008 at 11:17 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the HeadAmp Pico can do it too. However you can't use it solely as a DAC.

Umm... no
Pico accept normal 48/16 over USB then Resample it into 96/24.
I already ask this in Pico thread.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back