DAC1 USB- Any flaws in my plan?
Dec 29, 2011 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Crazy9000

New Head-Fier
In order to justify the purchase price of the Benchmark DAC1 USB, I would like to use it on both my PC and my TV setup. My PC is currently hooked up to a Yulong D100 DAC, Denon D7000 headphones, and no other AMP or speakers. My TV currently has "Some Sony receiver" and a 5.1 sound system I would like to replace.

So the plan would be to purchase the DAC1 USB, and the bundled Dynaudio BM 5A monitors. I should then be able to hook the PC up to the DAC1 via the USB, and have the receiver hook up to the optical. I'll keep my Yulong D100 hooked up to the optical on the PC in case I need to use the PC and TV at same time for different things, for some reason. While actually using the PC, I like to use headphones, so the speakers being in front of the TV should work out quite well. I'd even be able to play music from the PC over them, which will be nice.
 ​
Anyone see anything flawed with this? Only thing I can think of is I'll have to physically flip the switch on the DAC1 to change from PC to TV, but I don't really want to pay $500 more for the HDR just to get a remote :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back