DAC with streamer and memory, App
May 1, 2021 at 2:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

der luda

100+ Head-Fier
I would appreciate a few ideas and tips from you.
Looking for such a device, actually I only have this one Cambridge Audio CXN V2 found what goes in that direction.
Correct display is required, Android / OS app compatible. However, the memory with my music files would have to be connected separately via USB.

Priced up to a maximum of 1,200 ... € 1,400 thanks :wink:

May 1, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #2 of 7
If you are OK with having no display, have a look at Bluesound Node 2i, a nice little streamer/dac, supports all streaming services / radios, and has Roon support. The only negative is that it does not have USB OUT, so if you get an external DAC in the future, it would have to be connected via Coax or Optical SPDIF.

May 1, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #3 of 7
Why not buy and affordable Android tablet and park it on top of an existing DAC as a 'streamer'? It gives you a great interface using apps like UAPP, and you can store a good terabyte or so of files on board using a micro sd card.

May 2, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #4 of 7
thanks ... but that's exactly what I don't want.
One device, I want one ... that alone has to meet the requirements. Per app only as an additional benefit. Basically, my DAP can do all of this, but for technical and optical reasons I want a stationary hi-fi device :wink:

May 2, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #5 of 7
Try Cocktail Audio X14 or X35. Having only an ok DAC section. But at least it has built in storage and remote connectivity.

Last edited:
May 8, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #6 of 7
Why not buy and affordable Android tablet and park it on top of an existing DAC as a 'streamer'? It gives you a great interface using apps like UAPP, and you can store a good terabyte or so of files on board using a micro sd card.
I have this set-up currently, but I'd add that they should also look into a getting a bluetooth/wifi receiver for the system if they do this. My thought is that this is the reason many want a streamer, is because of the wifi and or bluetooth wireless access that come with em. At the end of the day, many hate being tethered to the usb cable or having to get up all the time to flip to a new artist or stream.

May 9, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #7 of 7
What I have is an Android TV Box connected to my NAS. I am using UAPP as playerto to my DAC and installed Teamviewer Host to control it remotely.

image.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back