DAC with phono and spdif inputs?
Jul 4, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
Looking for a DAC that I can also hook up my turntable and PS3 to.

(DAC - Digital to Analog converter)
A DAC uses a digital audio input and the turntable is analog audio output, can't see them ever connected to each other.
I would think you would connect a DAC with the PS3 and then connect the Phono analog audio signal and the DAC analog audio (output) signal to an amplifier (headphone amp or speaker amp).

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #3 of 8
(DAC - Digital to Analog converter)
A DAC uses a digital audio input and the turntable is analog audio output, can't see them ever connected to each other.
I would think you would connect a DAC with the PS3 and then connect the Phono analog audio signal and the DAC analog audio (output) signal to an amplifier (headphone amp or speaker amp).

Actually the creative X-fi hd has both a dac and phono inputs. Sometimes DACs (or audio interfaces) have phono inputs for digitizing vinyl. But I'm just seeing if there are other options.

I could always get a separate phone stage, but I like to keep my system as simple as possible.

Jul 4, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
Actually the Creative X-fi HD has both a DAC and phono inputs. Sometimes DACs (or audio interfaces) have phono inputs for digitizing vinyl. But I'm just seeing if there are other options.

I could always get a separate phone stage, but I like to keep my system as simple as possible.

So your looking for something that comes with a DAC feature and an ADC (Analog to Digital Converter) feature?

Jul 7, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #6 of 8
I have a Headroom Desktop Amp. It is a combination headphone amplifier and DAC and can function as a pre-amplifier connected directly to an amp. As such it has digital inputs (coax, optical and USB), and analogue inputs.

I'm not sure it's being made anymore or if Headroom is still in business but it has been a very handy unit for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back