DAC will not make any sound when I play video games.
May 12, 2013 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Swannie

New Head-Fier
I have the MODI D.A.C and the sound cuts out when I try to play video games with it on. It's obvious that the D.A.C can't decode the signal and therefore, no sound. I'm curious as to the cause. Is there a setting I can change to correct my problem? 

Thank you! 

May 12, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
I have the MODI D.A.C and the sound cuts out when I try to play video games with it on. It's obvious that the D.A.C can't decode the signal and therefore, no sound. I'm curious as to the cause. Is there a setting I can change to correct my problem? 

Have you tried attaching your headphones directly to the system's headphone jacks? If the game has multi-channel sound, it may be sending its output directly to your analog hardware which can decode it properly.

May 15, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Thank you! 

Change your game settings to stereo sound if possible.

Most of the DACs in use for our "purposes" have stereo only. Your game probably wants to stream 5.1 or 7.1 signal.

Cheers,
K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back