DAC w/ AMP < USD$250
Jul 7, 2009 at 11:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

larry

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a DAC < USD$250. I my first choice was 09ZERO DAC. But after doing some research, it shown that 09ZERO DAC have some quality issue. This is my first time buying DAC for my PC so I don't wish to have too much problem. The next DAC I was look at is the Beresford TC-7520. It look more promising than 09ZERO DAC and have both Line Out and Preamp Out which I think 09ZERO DAC only have the Preamp Out. I will be using this with HD 555. In future I might get a dedicated headphone amp like the Graham Slee NOVO or SOLO. Any other DAC w/ AMP are available within my budget?

Jul 7, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #2 of 7
I never heard the Compass but it seems that it's pretty good. Check the FS forum for a used one for 250$ or less.

Jul 7, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #3 of 7
I'm going to strongly recommend against the Beresford TC7520. While it's a very nice piece of kit, the man who runs the operation, Stanley Beresford, is the lowest sort and an absolute nutjob.

Definitely check out the Compass, it seems to be, FWIR, one of the strongest contenders among modern DACs. Audio-Gd makes components whose quality far, far, far exceed what should be at their price point.

Jul 7, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #4 of 7
I'm selling a yulong dah1 for a little more then 250. I'd do 260 shipped with money order.

I've been very happy with it. Even if you're not interested in mine, I'd still consider a used yulong. Mine sounds great with HD650's.

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to strongly recommend against the Beresford TC7520. While it's a very nice piece of kit, the man who runs the operation, Stanley Beresford, is the lowest sort and an absolute nutjob.

Definitely check out the Compass, it seems to be, FWIR, one of the strongest contenders among modern DACs. Audio-Gd makes components whose quality far, far, far exceed what should be at their price point.

Meaning the Beresford TC7520 is not so good? I don't really get what you mean. Sorry for my poor english. I have read a lot about the compass. But the price is beyond my budget and I need to have it ship all the way to Singapore. I prefer to go for new instead of a second hand set. So I have to let the compass go.
triportsad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back