DAC upgrade from Geshelli JNOG (must have bluetooth)
Oct 3, 2021 at 9:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

xxicrimsonixx

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I was wondering what would be a good upgrade from a Geshelli Labs JNOG (AK 4493)?

One major feature that I'm looking for is bluetooth support (so I can use my laptop or ebook reader with it).

My budget is around $500-600- ish...

Preferrably if there is an upgrade in quality of sound as well as added bluetooth, that would be excellent.

I don't mind used.

Should be balanced.

Oct 4, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #3 of 13
I'm in the same boat with the j2. Looking to see what else is out there for me. Gustard x16, Smsl Su-9, soncoz sgd-1, Singxer SDA-2C, Singxer SDA-1, TOPPING D70s, Little Dot DAC_III, and if we're just going to throw caution to the wind maybe Matrix mini-i 3 pro. That's the list I've been zeroing on for ds dacs

Oct 12, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #8 of 13
Or, you could have just bought a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver and hooked it up to theJnog. A dac is just a dac after all.
True a DAC is a DAC, but at the same time I did notice a huge difference going with the upgrade along with the bluetooth.

I posted the JNOG on the classifieds seciton of the forum. Works great!

Oct 12, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #11 of 13
A step up feature wise? They should sound identical unless one of them is broken. The distortion levels are so low on modern well implemented dacs that you'd need to have bat ears to distinguish any differences. Maybe the jnog is broken? You should have it checked.

Oct 13, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #12 of 13
A step up feature wise? They should sound identical unless one of them is broken. The distortion levels are so low on modern well implemented dacs that you'd need to have bat ears to distinguish any differences. Maybe the jnog is broken? You should have it checked.
Why would they sound the same? They have different DAC chips and they have different implementations. Both of which affect the sound.

As well as different power supplies.

Nov 22, 2022 at 11:55 PM Post #13 of 13
Are you from the ASR forum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back