dac under $100
Nov 8, 2015 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

m1ku

100+ Head-Fier
the cans that I'm using is K7xx and se215 iem. I'm interest in getting a good dac that have almost no distortions and no hiss. Right now, I'm looking at E10k and Nuforce uDac3. Are they good choice? or there are better ones in the price range?

Nov 8, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #2 of 12
The only ones I have owned are the Schiit Modi 2 and Fulla. Both have extremely low distortion. The latter is an amp/DAC. The most important thing you need to make sure of is that whichever DAC you get sounds better than your current source(s).

By the way, nice user name!

Nov 8, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #3 of 12
thanks  :D huge miku fan here XD

right now, the only quality dac that I have is the Fiio X1. and the rest is pretty crappy which is from the mobo (Asus Z170M) and LG G4 :p

Nov 8, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #6 of 12
  ya but I'm looking for something that has a dark color on the exterior (of course sq first) to have it look nice on my battlestation~

I guess a FiiO DAC or amp/DAC would be a good choice, then, since it provides versatility, being compatible with portable systems. (I've only owned a FiiO amp, though.)

Nov 8, 2015 at 1:10 AM Post #7 of 12
  thanks  :D huge miku fan here XD

right now, the only quality dac that I have is the Fiio X1. and the rest is pretty crappy which is from the mobo (Asus Z170M) and LG G4 :p

Sell off the FiiO X1 and get the FiiO X3 Gen II (X3K)

Nov 8, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #10 of 12
  I've tried the X3K before. It was a pleasure to use it, but I would rather have a dac that dedicated to be a home use dac. if I remember correctly, X3K wouldn't charge in dac mode?
:xf_eek: I'll look into that!

Looks like the X3 Gen II, while being connected to a USB port, will function and recharge at the same time.
http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40265&extra=

Nov 9, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #12 of 12
I actually had thought of that, but I'm still figuring out how the payment works...found a Fiio E18 for $85, seems pretty nice. Maybe I'll go with something portable afterall since the place I'm living right now is not a set place.

Looks like the X3 Gen II, while being connected to a USB port, will function and recharge at the same time.
http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40265&extra=

ohh do you know if the E18 is better or the X3K?

how stupid, the most important factor is how I will be using the new equipment. Mostly I want to get it for my desktop, but if I need to go on a trip, I'll bring it along and be able to use it on the go. and I a lazy person who try to avoid plugging and unplugging stuff everyday :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back