DAC to match Graham Slee Voyager
Jan 25, 2008 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

indysmith

100+ Head-Fier
So what do you think?
I don't really want to spend over £150, and it's got to have a digital input that my Macbook has a digital output for.
ATM I'm thinking Firestone Audio FUBAR II. There's also the Zero and the Beresford to consider though...
Feel free to hit me with any other options that I've missed!
Thanks boys'n'girls!

Jan 25, 2008 at 10:27 AM Post #2 of 6
bump? I know the Voyager's a pretty new amp and it might be hard to match it, but there must be some idea of what might work well with it??

Jan 25, 2008 at 11:43 AM Post #3 of 6
Portable DAC? iBasso D1
Non portable? tons...

Beresford and Zero is just one of many options out there...
But I just realize your budget is 150 pound... so it's around >300 USD? KECES DAC is quite new here, but I heard it's good, or perhaps new YULONG DAC/AMP?
If you can find 2nd hand OMZ DAC that would be a good choice.

Jan 25, 2008 at 12:02 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for your reply! I'm not really looking for something portable, as I can only see myself using it at home; unfortunately the iPod doesn't have a USB out.
As far as DAC/Amps go, I'd rather not go for one of those, because obviously with the voyager i don't need the amp side, so I think I'd be paying for a feature that I'm never going to need to use (correct me if I'm wrong).
I'll check out those ones you've recommended. Thanks again!

Jan 25, 2008 at 12:19 PM Post #5 of 6
No worries.
Keces DA-131 support optical/coaxial while the DA-151 only supporting USB, both version doesn't have headamp, just a pure DAC.

OMZ v4 DAC is based on modified Zhaolu DAC, tweaked by Ori.
And so far the result is very highly regarded.

While in other hand, you own stock iPod Video right?
Have you ever think to mod your iPod into iMod?

Jan 25, 2008 at 12:27 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Capunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No worries.
Keces DA-131 support optical/coaxial while the DA-151 only supporting USB, both version doesn't have headamp, just a pure DAC.

OMZ v4 DAC is based on modified Zhaolu DAC, tweaked by Ori.
And so far the result is very highly regarded.

While in other hand, you own stock iPod Video right?
Have you ever think to mod your iPod into iMod?

Yeah I've thought about iModding it, but I have read quite a few reviews from disappointed iMod customer that don't think it's made much difference. I'll probably get around to it eventually, but for now I'm thinking a DAC for home listening will improve my listening experience more.
could you give me a link to somewhere that sells the OMZ v4?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back