DAC to go with HD650's and WOO WA2.....
May 16, 2013 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

walls

100+ Head-Fier
Title pretty much says it all, I have decided that my amp upgrade will be a WA2 (up from a LD2++) using my HD650's and now i need a DAC.
I used to just run out off an Ipure dock right into the Little Dot but now I want to jump to a full DAC.

I have been considering the bifrost but am open to others.

Thanks!!

BTW will I hear an audible difference using the Ipure digital out to an external DAC rather then just plugging the analog outs from the Ipure right into the amp or am I just spinning my wheels? LOL!!

May 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #2 of 7
I am in a similiar boat to you except I will be using T1's with the WA2. I am leaning towards an uberfrost for my dac.
bigsmile_face.gif

May 16, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #4 of 7
Since you are going with a Woo amp, have you considered their WDS-1 DAC?  It is very sweet....

I am really surprised that it seems to get VERY little mention on the site.  I tried several before the Woo and it just did it for me....combined with the Woo tube amp, warm sound....very nice....

May 19, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #5 of 7
The Woo DAC is over my budget, otherwise I would have ordered one. Thinking im gonna get the Schiit with the "uber" upgrade.

Seems on this site people dont like to res[ond to individual threads, but I cant read through all of the 50+ page threads on every product. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back