DAC that supports Subwoofer Pre-out
Feb 17, 2021 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

trivium911

500+ Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

im looking for a DAC that supports a subwoofer pre-out and a separate front pre-out but i cant seem to find anything, i have a marrantz PM6006 with Focal aria speakers and a sperate subwoofer that i want to both manage separately in windows with equalizer APO. I want a DAC that is equivalent or at least not lesser quality than a cirrus logic CS4398 or AK4490. Why do no DAC's exist with a subwoofer output? So far i've found the Asus Xonar U7 that fits the bill but its discontinued, is there anything else that exists. Im also using a windows 10 laptop, if it comes down to it i guess i can pickup a cheap desktop and ditch the laptop than just install a nice soundcard and be done with it.

Feb 17, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #3 of 3
I think you’re looking for a pre amp. BYO dac
Yeah it’s complicated, so basically I’m trying to run a software crossover using equalizer apo in windows. I’m already using equalizer apo to implement room eq wizard. If I wanted to apply a software hi pass crossover as well I need to separate the sub from the speakers in windows. So far the only thing I’ve found is soundcards. They will work great but the options seem to be very limited for USB soundcards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back