DAC~Suggestions--For[ Dell Laptop~~Audioengine A5 Set Up]?Help Appreciated
May 20, 2010 at 12:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

norskman

100+ Head-Fier

Hi Fellow members..

Really hope you can help with some simple advice,Re inexpensive DAC for my Dell Studio (32 bit) laptop which feeds a pair of Audioengine A5 active speakers.I currently use the Behringer UCA-202 Interface-USB in RCA out

The UCA-202 was suggested on another forum to improve the signal from the Laptop(I was using a cheap headphone out jack to audio in on A5s.....Sorry if i do not get the terminology right

I am using some very good RCA cables,from UCA-202-Interface To-->audio in.. on A5s] maybe a touch to good for this simple set up..but these were purchased with something else in mind?which really did not work.

I was wondering about upgrading to a DAC in place of the Behringer UCA-202 Interface,so would appreciate some DAC suggestions,also the best method of connecting to my laptop?if the Behringer UCA-202 Interface is felt not suitable for some reson?

I am aware of the likes of FUBAR & NU-FORCE& Other[size=small] [size=small]DACs[/size][size=small] [/size]which seem well thought of and nicely priced,maybe one of these may fit the bill?[/size]

really hope you can help...after wasting a lot of money on over hyped products? I just wish now to keep it simple
triportsad.gif

All The Very Best
Steve
beerchug.gif

May 20, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #2 of 6
I use a Audio-gd fun verison A and sounds like absolute heaven with my A5's. Excellent soundstage and imaging. Great tonality. Im very happy with this combo!

May 20, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #3 of 6
Hi There
Good to hear from you Maud...I must admit have never heard of the  Audio-gd fun verison A can you give me a little more imfo please
I would like to have a look at it and the cost e.t.c.

all the best Steve

May 20, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #4 of 6
Hi Again
I remebered after posting my reply ..that I had heard of Audio-gd products..went to site then linked to UK supplier but they are a bit rich for my taste..I have just sold a LITTLE DOT IV SE at a loss..so am not wishing to go down that road (price wise again)..
But I take your word for it I bet they are very good.

all the best Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back