DAC Schiit Gungnir Multibit vs Violectric V800
Dec 26, 2017 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SaddleSC

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,
I currently have the Schiit Gumby and am considering buying a Violectric amp, the V280. I really like the sound signature of that particular amp with my headphones. I really like my Gumby, but also think the Violectric "stack" with the V800 DAC and Amp (from the same manufacturer) looks very clean and takes up less room in my listening area.

The sound quality, however, is the most important thing to me, but I have never auditioned the V800 in person and I am very hesitant to order it as a replacement for my Gungnir without knowing what to expect. My gut tells me that the Schiit Gumby (with Gen 5 USB) is the better DAC and I should stick with it. Has anyone heard both of these DACs and can offer advice as to how they stack up?

TLDR: Which is the better DAC...Gumby or V800 (when used with a Violectric V280 amp) and how do they differ in sound signature?

Thanks!

Dec 27, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #2 of 2
Has anyone had a chance to compare these to each other? I am hoping to place my order for the V800 soon and am still a little apprehensive about ordering it completely blind. Any impressions/comparison to the Gumby would be very helpful...thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back