DAC recommendation for Graham Slee Solo SRG (Arcam rDac)
Dec 11, 2010 at 6:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Rossini

Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

Since buying an AppleTV my Beresford Caiman has been commandeered into my tv set up and the remaining components of my headphone set up beside my mac are looking a little bewildered if not to say, hurt!

Anyway, this means I need a new DAC and I was thinking of matching the Arcam rDAC To the Graham slee. Does anyone have any experience with this or know any reason why this would be a bad combination?

an alternative would be to put the caiman back with the Graham slee and use an rDAC for the AppleTV. Again, I'd be really grateful for any views or alternative suggestions.

Thanks,

Rossini

Dec 13, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #2 of 4
Ok well after surveying numerous, and occasionally negative, comments I'm going to get the arcam rDAC tomorrow. Seems it's about the best USB/optical dac out there sub-£500 for the iMac or the AppleTV.

Jan 18, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #3 of 4
Did you buy the rDac?  I also have a Graham Slee Solo Amp but connected to a pair of HD650's, are you pleased with your purchase, would you recommend?

Thanks

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #4 of 4
I don't think you will go wrong with the rDAC.  I have one and enjoying it very much.  I like it better than the DAC in the Peachtree Nova.  It even makes badly recorded and compressed pop music listenable by having better instrument and vocal separation.  It's a very nice DAC for the price.  The wireless version is out now, if you don't want to worry about getting a good USB cable.  The wireless USB dongle costs less than a good USB cable.  The dongle is also uses technology licensed from dCS. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back