DAC question!
Jan 22, 2007 at 1:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Chrysoberyl

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all...I've thinking about upgrading my x-fi xtreme music,and many of you guys have convinced me that DAC is the way.Now,do you have suggestions about inexpensive DACs that would make a clearly audible difference over the sound card? When I say inexpensive,I'm thinking about 350 $ maximum
redface.gif

Thanks!

Jan 22, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #2 of 6
I use the X-fi platinum with coax out to my Zhaolu 2.0 c (modded) and the difference is quite a bit to say the least. Check out the MANY Zhaolu threads , you should be able to get a 2.5 with some mods done for well under $350 or the citypulse is very nice also from what I have heard. Alot of options , do you have an amp ? IMHO not really worth the day upgrade unless you go with a quality amp also. Good luck and a link http://www.diykits.com.hk/dac.html

Jan 22, 2007 at 10:35 AM Post #3 of 6
Yes,i have a ldm+,but strange as it may seem,i prefer the sound to my hd 595s directly from the card...I noticed that the amp was taking away a lot of clarity.

Jan 22, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #4 of 6
You could always opt to upgrade the Zhaolu to improve the headphone amp if you were considering the Zhaolu.

Jan 31, 2007 at 12:00 PM Post #6 of 6
Also check out the Musiland MD10 (see other threads) - I just got one shipped to Ireland from China with the help of Yelzin on these forums. Very nice DAC and the headphone amp is great with low impedence cans - will probably drive your 595's just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back