DAC problems with Android/Samsung Galaxy note 4
May 2, 2015 at 12:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tofudog

New Head-Fier
Very strange experience; have Alpha Primes driven by Iqube V5 source is Tidal (always in HiFi resolution) both streamed and offline content stored on phone. This is a new setup; iqube is pretty awesome actually and same source connected via USB micro to PC plays great.

When connected to Samsung (less than 5 months old-so newest op system) it plays for 45 seconds to 2 mins and then shuts down. Slight background noise replaces play-and nothing will restart music until I power the DAC/AMP off and restart. Then, happens again. I tried to play normal ripped CDs stored on phone-same thing happens.

Drew at Moon told me to buy the USB Pro Player and voila, issue solved. HOWEVER; you cant stream Tidal (or play offline Tidal content) through the USB player. I 3.5MM connected (bypassing the DAC) and no problem, no shutdown. Anyone else experienced this issue? HELP!

May 2, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #2 of 4
When connected to Samsung (less than 5 months old-so newest op system) it plays for 45 seconds to 2 mins and then shuts down. Slight background noise replaces play-and nothing will restart music until I power the DAC/AMP off and restart. Then, happens again. I tried to play normal ripped CDs stored on phone-same thing happens.

Maybe the power draw is too much when your phone is also trying to stream the audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back