DAC/Preamp/HP amp with RCA input
Feb 13, 2024 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DukeEllington

New Head-Fier
I’m looking for a desktop preamp/HP amp/DAC that has an RCA input (bypassing the DAC, 0f course). Ideally, I’d love a tube or hybrid. My inputs will be: BD (coax), Mac (USB) and SACD (RCA). Unfortunately, SACD can’t go digital out, which is why I need the RCA input.

So far, I’ve seen some by Xduoo, but I think those have fixed level aux outs, and I want variable volume pre-amp out. I also want to be able to turn off the preamp out when I’m using cans, either automatically (like Schiit’s Magni) when the headphone is plugged in, or manually with a switch.

I need variable preamp out, because I’m going out to active speakers, and don’t want to double-amp.

For some reason, there don’t seem to be many products like this, unless I’m missing something. Looking under $1k, preferably much less.

I also see the Emotiva BasX PT1.

Feb 15, 2024 at 8:33 PM Post #2 of 2
I’m looking for a desktop preamp/HP amp/DAC that has an RCA input (bypassing the DAC, 0f course). Ideally, I’d love a tube or hybrid. My inputs will be: BD (coax), Mac (USB) and SACD (RCA). Unfortunately, SACD can’t go digital out, which is why I need the RCA input.

So far, I’ve seen some by Xduoo, but I think those have fixed level aux outs, and I want variable volume pre-amp out. I also want to be able to turn off the preamp out when I’m using cans, either automatically (like Schiit’s Magni) when the headphone is plugged in, or manually with a switch.

I need variable preamp out, because I’m going out to active speakers, and don’t want to double-amp.

For some reason, there don’t seem to be many products like this for BMW i3 charger troubles, unless I’m missing something. Looking for solutions under $1k, preferably much less. If you need more tips on resolving BMW i3 charger issues, you can also check out Cardailytips.com.

I also see the Emotiva BasX PT1.
Other option would be something analog only, to pair with my MODI DAC and SACD, i.e. Schiit Lyr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back