DAC + Player + Bluetooth?
Dec 25, 2014 at 11:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TLN

New Head-Fier
Hi all.

I was browsing a net and found a nice and new product to me, which was released couple of months ago: Creavite SB E5: it got DAC plus Bluetooth and headphone amp. So I can put there my headphones and home stereo and listen music from my PC(usb DAC), Bluetooth or Line in. Seems that it sounds nice and cost $200 which is afordable.

There's another product like: Filo X5. It have DAC and player: I can listen to my music, or use it as standalone DAC for my PC. But it costs abit more then E5: $350.

Obviously, question is: is there any portable plyer with USB-DAC capabilities, Line-in for amp and Bluetooth?

E5 seems great to me, it only lacks a player, but I can play music from my phone or Ipod nano 5th. Or get a Fiio E1 and it will be less then Fiio E5 then. But if there's one product that can do it all - it will be great!

Dec 25, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #2 of 4
Seems that Astell & Kern AK100 II can do it all. Even more it have Wi-Fi for something and may be can play music via Wi-FI or from NAS.
Price is a bit off, but may be there's another product like this.

Dec 25, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #3 of 4
So - you do not plan on using bluetooth wireless headphones, is that correct? There is NO other DAP quite like the Astell & Kern.

In general, the market for a standalone DAP has dropped significantly as the use of smartphones has climbed. Everyone carries a phone that can act as the music source, so there's no need for a DAP. It is only us crazy audiophiles that want the more specialized gear.

Dec 25, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #4 of 4
No need for Bluetooth headphones.
I just find a E5 idea really cool: I can plug my stereo there and my PC:
-I can use it as USB-DAC
-I can play music from smartphone via Bluetooth and even talk with it as there's mic in E5.
-I can use it with any device via Line-in.
-I can take it with me and use as portable amp via Line in or USB connection or Bluetooth.
*hope I got it right :)

The only thing is missing is player itself. I can connect any other player: smathphone, Ipod or something, but that's another device.
I'd prefer to have a simple player in E5.

I'm planning to use either with headphones ot home stereo. Seems that both devices can do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back