DAC Output Problem
Dec 2, 2009 at 6:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Awah

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, I'm wondering if anyone knows what cause this.

I'll be listening to music using foobar and playing online games and such at the same time on the internet. If my playlist ends and runs out of music my DAC will start outputing sounds from my browser. When I try to start another song, I will not get any sound from foobar until I close the internet brower, start the song, then open the browser again. :S

Is this a clear enough explanation?

Dec 2, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #2 of 6
What OS?

If Vista, do this: right click little audio in the statusbar >> playback devices >>> right click your soundcard >> advanced >> if it's configured to allow an application to take control of it, uncheck that

Dec 2, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #3 of 6
Or there might be a box that says "open device for exclusive access" or something similar. You'll want to turn that off, unless you want your media player to use the device exclusively (in which case you should do it within that program).

Dec 31, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #4 of 6
Edit: The exclusive mode is unchecked and my browser is still stealing it away from foobar. It does this randomly (could be in the middle of playing a song), or when I stop a song/playlist ends.

Dec 31, 2009 at 10:14 AM Post #5 of 6
In that case, *do* turn on exclusive mode within foobar. This should prevent your browser from stealing control. You could also set foobar to just repeat a playlist. That way it will never relinquish control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back