DAC or DAP
Aug 12, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #16 of 25
If he's gonna lug around a brick, a DAC-HPamp that doubles as a powerbank would be a more sensible option if money isn't a problem anyway.

That said...why is the One Plus One your only option? I just assumed you already had it. If you don't then can't you look into getting a phone with a microSD card slot, if not also swappable batteries? I'm still using my SGS3. As a player it has some distortion on bass-boosted earphones and the volume adjustment steps are problematic for new albums, but NeutronMusicPlayer app fixed that easily - the first with EQ and the second with ReplayGain. Original battery it came with is dead but I have a couple of new batteries that came with an external charger (like the one for my camera), so I just swap the battery and charge the drained one outside of the phone.

What other Androids are available from your carrier?
well there is no carrier system in India.. I can get my hands on any phone here..I was even considering the note4 edge but then got stuck at the budget.. Its around 550 dollars for the phone n d dac or dap

Aug 12, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #17 of 25
well there is no carrier system in India.. I can get my hands on any phone here..I was even considering the note4 edge but then got stuck at the budget.. Its around 550 dollars for the phone n d dac or dap

So basically you just buy phones from dealers who get them direct from the manufacturer, no carrier subsidies or anything, and then just get the sim card later?

Any particular reason why you want the One Plus One? You could look into smartphones with a microSD slot for example. Samsung's Note series sound a lot better than my SGS3 (non-Wolfson DAC but I haven't heard that other version, just putting it out there) for example. Mine has a little bit of bloat in the midbass region that makes my ASG-1.3 sound worse, but the Note 1 and 2 I tried didn't and were closer to the sound of the iPad and iPhone.

Aug 12, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #18 of 25
So basically you just buy phones from dealers who get them direct from the manufacturer, no carrier subsidies or anything, and then just get the sim card later?

Any particular reason why you want the One Plus One? You could look into smartphones with a microSD slot for example. Samsung's Note series sound a lot better than my SGS3 (non-Wolfson DAC but I haven't heard that other version, just putting it out there) for example. Mine has a little bit of bloat in the midbass region that makes my ASG-1.3 sound worse, but the Note 1 and 2 I tried didn't and were closer to the sound of the iPad and iPhone.

Basically I wanted the phone to be cheap and fast so one plus one came onto choice and then occasionally be used for music and I wanted a seperate dap for music soo was considering fiio x3 as x5 is a little expensive for me.. But then a few ppl told me that e18 sounded better paird with an Android phone compared to an x3..

Aug 12, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #19 of 25
Basically I wanted the phone to be cheap and fast so one plus one came onto choice and then occasionally be used for music and I wanted a seperate dap for music soo was considering fiio x3 as x5 is a little expensive for me.. But then a few ppl told me that e18 sounded better paird with an Android phone compared to an x3..

I'd be surprised if there was any big significant difference between the E18 and the X3 since either will easily drive your earphones.

Aug 12, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #20 of 25
I'd be surprised if there was any big significant difference between the E18 and the X3 since either will easily drive your earphones.

Lovely then x3 it is...
One last thing I will get beyerdynamic T990 pro soon after
their impedance is 300 ohms..
Getting a headphone amp on x3 will be able to drive them in a justified way right?

Aug 12, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #23 of 25
Those are 250 ohm. I have never tried 250 ohm headphones with the X3, but I would imagine it would at least do OK for moderate listening volumes. And if it didn't get loud enough, you could always get a Fiio E12 or Cayin C5 to use with the X3.

Aug 12, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #25 of 25

The problem there is the local storage limit on the One Plus One. An older Galaxy Note (if you can get still get new units, and cheaper than the newer Notes) with a 64gb card used with efficient IEMs would be more useful. You can get an external battery charger and some spares so you can get around the battery consumption, or a cheaper powerbank than the E18. At the very least, unless you're charging, you won't have anything hooked up to the phone to make it thicker, and not have the DAP and phone in one pocket each either since you can cram the powerbank or spare battery+charger in your bag if you have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back