DAC or Asus Xonar Essence or ???
Apr 16, 2009 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ah-see

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I have ESI near05 studio monitors and a pair of audio technica AD700's and i only use these for music.. i hardly play any games.

I have an old hifi subwoofer (uses RCA jack) that i want to use, but i'm unsure how i would connect it to my soundcard. I'm using a creative xtreme audio soundcard at the moment. I'd like to change my setup so that i can accomodate for the subwoofer and also hopefully have an external volume controlling knob.

Can a subwoofer be plugged into a asus xonar essence sound card?
An external DAC will give me a volume knob that i would like to have, but can a sub be attached to a DAC?

I'm really confused right now so i'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction. I'm thinking i can spend up to $200 on whatever i'm going to buy.

Apr 18, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #2 of 4
Nobody knows what i need to get a hifi sub working on a computer set up?

I've tried searching and i can't get any good information and thats why i made this thread. It seems like something very simple and a lot of people probably know the answer, but its really quite hard for a noob like me to figure it out.

Apr 18, 2009 at 10:17 AM Post #3 of 4
my speakers are connected to sub and then the sub is connected to the soundcard/DAC

Apr 18, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by .Sup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my speakers are connected to sub and then the sub is connected to the soundcard/DAC

Thanks for the reply man, it seems like a pretty obvious thing, but i really didn't know how the wiring on these things are like.

The hifi sub that i'll be using won't work like the krk10 sub, but i'll look into buying a monitoring sub since i like a simple setup without too many unnecessary components.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back