dac or amp or sound card for hd 598?
Nov 7, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #3 of 4
For under $100 the Fiio e10. The bass boost switch compliments the HD598 very nicely.

Nov 7, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #4 of 4
Hi!
I do not want to start another similar thread so I'll write my question here.

I was a happy owner of an ASUS Xonar D2X until I SLIed...
From that moment I had noise/buzzing/crackling like hell when I was gaming!(in teamspeak/skype etc) only the others could here those noises. Not me.
From what I found D2X was picking from mic input the noise from the gpu capacitors. (D2X has EMI Shield for this reason. Go figure...)
I also tested a Creative x-fi extremegamer fatality pro with the same results!

So I sold D2X and now I'm with my onboard solution that sucks. (Foxconn Bloodrage - Sonar X-fi)
I decided to go also with an external solution.
I have Superlux HD668B but I'm planning on buying something better for music/movies and just keep superlux for competitive gaming.

I can spent max 180-190€  (241$-255$)
I thought about getting an ASUS Xonar u7 > some amp that you recommend that will drive my next headphones 300 or even 600 ohm
or even skip entirely a sound card from ASUS/Creative and go from my Bloodrage's SPDIF > dac > amp...

The only problem is that I also have a 5.1 set with analogs so maybe the u7 is a must... plus I also need something to put my mic.
The onboard is almost dead so this is not an option.

Thanks a lot!

PS: If I'll go for a solution that does not include a sound card, will I be able to have virtual 5.1 in games with razer surround through spdif?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back