DAC newbie
Feb 1, 2009 at 1:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

andrewhollo

New Head-Fier
I bought my first DAC (a Styleaudio Carat UD1) yesterday and can't get it to talk via USB with my headphones. I was under the impression that, connected to an iMac / MBA, all I need to do is plug it in and off we go. I'm getting the blue power light on, but no luck even when I change the sound output to USB within the System Preferences.

Any ideas? The dealer's closed today, as it's Sunday . . . and I'd like to listen to some music!

Andrew

Feb 1, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #2 of 5
I don't have experience with macs so I may not be much help, but on a Windows machine you can switch between audio devices in the volume options. Perhaps you can find something in a similar window and it will allow you to switch to it.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Hopefully some mac nazi will come along and enlighten us.

Feb 1, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #3 of 5
hi i'm a newbie too but you might like to try the Audio MIDI utility in Applications/Ultilities let me know how that Carat sounds I'm thinking about getting one...

Feb 2, 2009 at 12:59 PM Post #4 of 5
Your first problem was you bought a mac...
wink.gif
not to start a flame war lol
devil_face.gif
. I'm sure there'll be a mac user along to help you out. Sorry it didn't happen in time though.

Mar 3, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #5 of 5
You just have to go to system preferences and audio and switch the audio output i think, there are plenty of posts on this topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back