DAC Need, could someone please enlighten me
Jun 27, 2014 at 10:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Gmeehan

New Head-Fier
I have a little dot mkIII headphone amp. I'm in the process of building a phono stage vinyl and headphone setup along with this but cant afford to buy it all at once. I'm going to buy the turntable last. I have music on my iphone which I'd like to listen to through the headphone amp and to burn in the tubes. I've read that the iphone has a built in dac. Could someone please tell me if i can just use a 3.5mm headphone to rca jack lead to connect straight into the back of the little dot or if i need another piece of equipment to play the iphone through it?

Jun 27, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #3 of 4
  I have a little dot mkIII headphone amp. I'm in the process of building a phono stage vinyl and headphone setup along with this but cant afford to buy it all at once. I'm going to buy the turntable last. I have music on my iPhone which I'd like to listen to through the headphone amp and to burn in the tubes. I've read that the iPhone has a built in dac. Could someone please tell me if i can just use a 3.5mm headphone to rca jack lead to connect straight into the back of the little dot or if i need another piece of equipment to play the iPhone through it?

You can use a cable going from the iPhone's headphone jack to the inputs on the MKIII.
If your iPhone has the LOD port, then get a FiiO L cable or other brand, as the LOD port provides a slightly cleaner analog output signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back