DAC/Headphone amp options for headphones + studio monitors?
Jul 20, 2018 at 6:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

matthewh133

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking for a budget(ish) DAC/AMP that will connect to both my headphones (unbalanced) and studio monitors (balanced). I currently have the Schiit Modi 2/ Magni 2 Uber, but I cannot connect the studio monitors with this setup.
I was thinking of getting the Jotunheim and selling this current setup. Any reason not to do this? Are there better options?

Jul 21, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #2 of 2
I'm looking for a budget(ish) DAC/AMP that will connect to both my headphones (unbalanced) and studio monitors (balanced). I currently have the Schiit Modi 2/ Magni 2 Uber, but I cannot connect the studio monitors with this setup.

You can try an RCA to XLR/TRS cable. If you don't get any noise then no problem.

I was thinking of getting the Jotunheim and selling this current setup. Any reason not to do this? Are there better options?

If you need more than USB for digital input then the Jotunheim will require a separate DAC.

It tends to get bright though so if you want to avoid that there's the AudioGD NFB-29 (SE headphone out, balanced preamp) or NFB-28 (balanced headphone output and preamp).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back