DAC for stax sigma
Nov 17, 2010 at 10:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

pr0x1fy

New Head-Fier
I've recently acquired some Stax sigma pro bias headphones and have been looking for a DAC to go with them and my T1(upgrading to a kgss)​
Any input would be appreciated for a DAC around $1000.​

Nov 18, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #4 of 12

Quote:

But I'd also like to add that an SRM-T1 is not very good at driving a Sigma Pro, SRD-7 Pro plus a good power amp (preferably a brighter one) is better.

yea heh, i had used the srm-t1 for some lambdas previously. still thinking of what amp i may use with the sigmas but i'm pretty sure my uncle has a kgss so i might just take his :p

Nov 18, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #6 of 12
Agree about an adaptor based system - an SRD-7 Pro or SRD-7 Mk 2 should do the trick nicely paired with a good power amp. Be prepared for a surprisingly excellent sound - lots of power in the bass, nice natural midrange without sibilance. Supposedly the Sigma/404 is less rolled off at both ends than the Sigma Pro (and certainly is better than the original Sigma), but not too many people have dared to try them with an SRD-7 Pro, as that has been against conventional wisdom - direct drive MUST be better. Big power direct drive may be much better, but the entry cost for a Blue Hawaii SE or an SRM-T2 (or the Spritzer/Gilmore replica) is very high.

Dec 19, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #12 of 12
Dear John,
is it possible to get the replica do you have to build it? I followes a thread about the t2 clone but could not follow / understand everything. Do you think they are going to sell them?

Regards Georg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back