Dac for k701 - DacMagic owners help me!
Jan 31, 2010 at 1:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Jonasklam

500+ Head-Fier
Acually i was looking at the MF V-Dac but then i stumpled over the Cambridge Audio DacMagic, but it does not get much attention in here atleast not for the k701 compared to the MF V-Dac.

Any1 that have any experience with the Cambridge DacMagic for k701 they want to share?
And maybe compare it to the MF v-dac.

Thx mates
popcorn.gif

Jan 31, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #2 of 7
You sure ?
I saw quite alot of k701 + DacMagic owners myself lol.

Intending to get my DacMagic soon, like in a weeks time when I meet up with my Predator buyer
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #4 of 7
I have the DacMagic with my 701 and think it's a nice combo. The ony other dacs I can compare are the iBasso D2+ and the Nuforce Icon Mobile and the DM is far better of course. I can't hear any obvious flaws with the DM so color me happy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #5 of 7
Acually I just bought the v-dac so I hope it will be sufficient at driving my k701 with a nice amp. It sure must be better then nothing.

Would be funny to hear from some1 how well the 2 DACs perform compared to each other.

I was leaning towards the DacMagic when I was about to purchase, but I got a nice deal on the v-dac - so that's my new DAC
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #6 of 7
The NuForce uDAC is working well with my HeadRoom Micro amp driving K702's.

Feb 3, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #7 of 7
RASeymour,

How's the HR Micro mating with the 702? I'm looking to get either the 701 or 702 to be used with my DacMagic like the OP and am trying to decide on an amp.

Jonasklam,

I don't have a headphone/amp setup yet but I can tell you that I've been very pleased with the DacMagic in my hifi setup. I stream AIFF files over ethernet to my AppleTV and from there I send them via toslink to the DacMagic and then on to my Rotel pre/pro. The DacMagic setup replaced my CD player which at the time was an Arcam 73T. It bests it and the Denon 2900 that I still have in the system.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back