Dac for home use with sony Receiver and pc-laptop
Aug 20, 2014 at 10:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Vasiliosn

Head-Fier
Any recommendation? i need to buy a Dac which supports the conversion of the optical signal main for best sound but also for the delay of the sound on the movies. Also that can handle many ohm as at least 250 for my next head phones.. i've have seen new type of optical ending cables that are best for use as there are not from plastic.its hard to find what i need over the internet there are to many choices im willing to pay more or less like 300e-350e (Not necessarily) 

Aug 20, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #2 of 10
  Any recommendation? i need to buy a Dac which supports the conversion of the optical signal main for best sound but also for the delay of the sound on the movies. Also that can handle many ohm as at least 250 for my next head phones.. i've have seen new type of optical ending cables that are best for use as there are not from plastic.its hard to find what i need over the internet there are to many choices im willing to pay more or less like 300e-350e (Not necessarily) 

Audio-GD NFB-15, external DAC/Amp, comes with USB, optical & coaxial inputs.
http://audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1532/NFB15.32EN.htm

Aug 20, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #4 of 10
I have the TubeMagic D1 (not the Plus). Nice dac/amp for the price, but I would go for the NFB-15 instead if you can swing it.

Aug 20, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #6 of 10
Unless you need the line input on the TubeMagic D1, I would still recommend the NFB-15. Much better headphone amp and has everything you need. I'm also more of a fan of the solid state pre-amp in it than the tube pre-amp in the D1. Plus, be aware that you don't get tube sound out of headphones with the TubeMagic. Just the pre-amp out.

Check prices on both. You might find the NFB-15 to be the same price or cheaper. Also, Audio-GD is good about understating the declared value when shipping internationally, which saves on customs and other taxes.

Aug 20, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #8 of 10
Hmmm....don't know about many units with remotes. Emotiva XDA-2 has a remote and is a good DAC/headphone amp for the price. However, the headphone amps is not very strong (think like a strong portable amp). So it would work fine with average headphones, but would not drive very difficult ones to loud volumes. However, it does have line outs so you could add a more powerful external headphone amp if you ever needed one. See discussion here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/641544/emotiva-xda-2

Aug 20, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #9 of 10
  I also need a remote for the distance... i dont mind pay some extra for the quality

There are some AudioGD units that have a remote control feature, but I'm not sure it the remote comes with the unit (they have button controls for digital everything - volume control, source select,  etc). The thing with AudioGDs in general is that you get a decent DAC circuit (if they come with modable op-amps, I prefer the Earth - tendency for Moon is to sound a bit too warm), and they also come with a good (most of them Class A) headphone amp.

Aug 21, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #10 of 10
I find the Fostex HP-A4 very nice and comfy but it lacks an optical in. is any good for value since is 24bit and not 32? Also on the website doesn't says the max impendence or if is only 32 is very low.... my Hd598 have 50 xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back