DAC for GR07
Feb 7, 2013 at 7:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

vlad951

New Head-Fier
Recently purchased the GR07 IEMs, and have been using them with my iPhone, and my computer, which only has on-board sound.

In comparison, the sound through the iPhone is much fuller, it has more bass and soundstage than the on-board chip, which sounds very thin.

I've been doing some research, and asking on the forum about the issue, on whether I should buy a sound card, and it seems that the better option would be to buy a DAC, as the output impedance on most of the sound cards is just not low enough to be used with the GR07.

What DAC would you recommend that will serve those IEMs well on a desktop machine?

Feb 9, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
Recently purchased the GR07 IEMs, and have been using them with my iPhone, and my computer, which only has on-board sound.

In comparison, the sound through the iPhone is much fuller, it has more bass and soundstage than the on-board chip, which sounds very thin.

I've been doing some research, and asking on the forum about the issue, on whether I should buy a sound card, and it seems that the better option would be to buy a DAC, as the output impedance on most of the sound cards is just not low enough to be used with the GR07.

What DAC would you recommend that will serve those IEMs well on a desktop machine?

For $250 you can buy the AudioQuest Dragonfly and be done with it. Incredibly portable too.

Feb 10, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #4 of 5
Has anyone heard both and can tell how they compare?

I read excellent reviews about both of them, and it seems that the DF can also drive some pretty difficult-to-drive headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back