DAC for Cans and Mic
Jul 31, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #32 of 38
Quote:
Are your speakers passive or active??

I honestly don't know how to tell the difference, but they came with a stereo system, and I had these lying around for a while now... I thought about soldering 1/4" jacks to the ends of the wires so I could feed them into an audio interface of some sort... I do think the bass end is a bit low on these, so I would like to pair them with my RCA home theater subwoofer, but idk if that requires additional amperage + Is it possible to make a subwoofer downfire, if I make an encasing around it, and point the woofer downwards... :3

*EDIT* Only have $100 now to spend on an audio interface for speakers... I don't care if it has pre-amps for mic inputs and such, but if they do come with some, for the one that you find, that would be sick :3

Thanks,

- SMOR3S

Jul 31, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #33 of 38
popcorn.gif

Jul 31, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #34 of 38
Quote:
I honestly don't know how to tell the difference, but they came with a stereo system, and I had these lying around for a while now... I thought about soldering 1/4" jacks to the ends of the wires so I could feed them into an audio interface of some sort... I do think the bass end is a bit low on these, so I would like to pair them with my RCA home theater subwoofer, but idk if that requires additional amperage + Is it possible to make a subwoofer downfire, if I make an encasing around it, and point the woofer downwards... :3

*EDIT* Only have $100 now to spend on an audio interface for speakers... I don't care if it has pre-amps for mic inputs and such, but if they do come with some, for the one that you find, that would be sick :3

Thanks,

- SMOR3S

It's hard to find something for you if you don't know what you have now, and change your criteria and budget every post.

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #35 of 38
Quote:
It's hard to find something for you if you don't know what you have now, and change your criteria and budget every post.

I am even unsure a bit, but I am positive 100% now that I am going to use my two speakers.. I am going to solder 1/4" jacks to the end of them, so this is where I need an audio interface for that...

Aug 1, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #36 of 38
I just ordered the Akai Pro MPK mini, 2x 1/4" jacks, and a new XLR to 1/4" cable.. I am going to solder the 1/4" jacks to my stereo speakers, so I can use them with some sort of audio interface, but I am still unsure what to get...

Should I get an audio interface like a 2i2, or should I get a new soundcard that has 1/4" jacks..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back