DAC for Cans and Mic
Jul 30, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #16 of 38
Will I need a preamp for the 8 Ohm speakers + Audio Receiver, cause the only thing I wanted that Mobile Pre for was my mic, but since I can't use that, then I have no use for one.... What I need now is a soundcard... I want to put $50-$100 towards one... I feel any soundcard would honestly be better than both my SteelSeries USB Soundcard, and my Onboard combined :3

Jul 30, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #19 of 38
I was told by someone above that I can't use a mic with a DAC...

You misunderstood. A DAC will work in a system that contains a mic and vice versa. What was said is that the DAC won't do anything for the mic. I'll help you, how much are you willing to spend on this? What are you hoping your setup will accomplish (i.e: what will you be recording/ what type of music are you making), and what do you already have?

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #20 of 38
I am looking to spend $250 max

I am looking to acquire a better audio setup for monitor music, while I produce it...

I am looking to hook up 2x Stereo Speakers + a Home Theater Subwoofer, so I can use them as monitor speakers, while I'm producing my electronic music... This is why I was thinking of getting a receiver...

I also need a new soundcard or some type of audio interface that acts as a soundcard, whether it be PCI, PCI-E, or USB...

BTW Here is the subwoofer I have with some additional surround speakers:

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #21 of 38
I am looking to spend $250 max

I am looking to acquire a better audio setup for monitor music, while I produce it...

I am looking to hook up 2x Stereo Speakers + a Home Theater Subwoofer, so I can use them as monitor speakers, while I'm producing my electronic music...

If you're just producing electronic music, do you need a mic? What mic do you have now?

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #25 of 38
Lastly, how serious are you about doing this? Just a hobby, or what? Do you want he bets your budget can afford, or just something that will work? Also, am I correct in assuming you don't have a DAW? If you do, what is it?

Jul 31, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #27 of 38
Quote:
Lastly, how serious are you about doing this? Just a hobby, or what? Do you want he bets your budget can afford, or just something that will work? Also, am I correct in assuming you don't have a DAW? If you do, what is it?

I am mad serious about my music career... I Use Ableton Live as my DAW Software, and I have a pretty nice production rig for in home music production... When I eventually play live, I will use a Laptop, cause IPad's aren't my fancy :3, so I am going to need something that will work good with both an in home PC, and a Laptop.. I want to try and get the best for what my budget offers... :3

Thanks everyone!! <3

Jul 31, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #28 of 38
Quote:
and I have a pretty nice production rig for in home music production

Just to make sure I am not missing anything, you have the mic and speakers. Correct?
If so, I would recommend you use something like this. If you need something that connects over firewire, this will work. Those are both decent entry-level interfaces.

Jul 31, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #29 of 38
Quote:
Just to make sure I am not missing anything, you have the mic and speakers. Correct?
If so, I would recommend you use something like this. If you need something that connects over firewire, this will work. Those are both decent entry-level interfaces.

Yes.. I have the microphone and speakers already... The Speakers I have are speaker wire though, so how would I connect that to this audio interface... However this would be perfect for my mic, but does it have XLR, cause the front plugs kind of look like XLR, but not really :/

Thanks again :3

Jul 31, 2012 at 4:57 AM Post #30 of 38
I am going to actually purchase this product for $70 http://www.amazon.com/Akai-Pro-MPK-mini/dp/B00466HM28/ref=sr_1_11?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1343723417&sr=1-11&keywords=oxygen+midi+keys ,so that will cut into the cash I am going to put towards my Audio Interface...

I have 2 options that I can do here...

1. Use my SteelSeries USB Soundcard, that I already have, then buy an audio receiver for my stereo speakers.

or

2. Buy an Audio Interface, then solder 1/4" adapters to each end of the speaker wire, so I can plug them into the audio interface...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back