DAC for Audeze LCD2 + Lyr2
Aug 30, 2018 at 4:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Fiskus

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm currently looking for a new DAC to go with LCD2(main) /HD650 + Schiit Lyr2. Before i was using a Asus exonar stx together with burson audio V5 but the card broke a couple of weeks ago. Was happy with the "darker" soundstage compared to the Odac I'm using now. Any suggestions?

Kind regards!

Aug 31, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #3 of 5
Hi all,

I'm currently looking for a new DAC to go with LCD2(main) /HD650 + Schiit Lyr2. Before i was using a Asus exonar stx together with burson audio V5 but the card broke a couple of weeks ago. Was happy with the "darker" soundstage compared to the Odac I'm using now. Any suggestions?

Kind regards!
The Bifrost 4490 could be a great match with the warm sound of the LCD2. I used to own the Bifrost 4490 with the AQ Nighthawk and it sounded fantastic.

Aug 31, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #4 of 5
Modi 2 Uber or BiFrost 4490 come to mind. Do you have the ability to output optically from your PC if needed?
No, I can't go optically from the computer. Is it a big leap going from modi uber to bitfrost?

The Bifrost 4490 could be a great match with the warm sound of the LCD2. I used to own the Bifrost 4490 with the AQ Nighthawk and it sounded fantastic.
4490 is the original one. Any reason looking at bitfrost version? Can't tell by only looking at their homepage but doesn't seems like the version for me =)

Sep 2, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #5 of 5
I'm just giving you DAC units I love and recommend after years of searching and listening to gear.

The 4490 has a better power cable and is why I added it to the Modi 2 Uber post.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back