DAC for a k 702!
Aug 30, 2009 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

stewiessexyparties

New Head-Fier
Hi,
Im fairly new to this scene so I will try be a bit straight forward.
I have recently purchased a k 702 and have an EF-1 220v amp arriving in less then a week. Ive got a budget of around $300 but i can manage a bit more if really needed.
It would be excellent if anyone could recommend any DAC's which would be great in compatibility with this setup and give me good sound for my money. I will most likely be running this through my computer the majority of the time.
Cheers

Aug 30, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #2 of 16
I liked the Moodlab Concept, nearly as good as my Havana it was.

Aug 30, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewiessexyparties /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have recently purchased a k 702 and have an EF-1 220v amp arriving in less then a week. Ive got a budget of around $300 but i can manage a bit more if really needed.

My K701s sing with Mhdt Paradisea 3+. It's a bit over your budget if new, but you may look for s/h one.

Cheers,
Adam

Aug 31, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

The paradisea got great reviews but it is quite a bit out of my price range. My question now is can i go wrong with a Constantine? It appears to be good aswell and fits perfectly in the price range.

I haven't listened to Constantine, but giving that all Mhdt products get very good opinions, you can't go wrong with it
k701smile.gif

Aug 31, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

The paradisea got great reviews but it is quite a bit out of my price range. My question now is can i go wrong with a Constantine? It appears to be good aswell and fits perfectly in the price range.

You missed the Paradisea 3 Limited Edition which I just $OLD recently. It was a performer till I received a Havana. And best of all the Paradise 3 I previously owned was housed in a metal case with silk brushing aluminum plates similar to the Havana.

Aug 31, 2009 at 6:26 AM Post #8 of 16
I was considering ordering the constantine and i read a post about it not having a great usb input and sound being greatly affected by this. Hmm, this is difficult. I will look around a little bit more but atm i am even considering saving for a paradisea but i won't have that kind of money for another 2 weeks.

Aug 31, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

I will look around a little bit more but atm i am even considering saving for a paradisea but i won't have that kind of money for another 2 weeks.

Usually it's better to wait a moment or two to save money and buy something better. And trust me, Paradisea is really that good
k701smile.gif

Cheers,
Adam

Aug 31, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

ll sell a hunk of crap i don't need anymore like my gps
smily_headphones1.gif

Having Paradisea you won't be interested in leaving your room, so the gps will be useless anyway
k701smile.gif

Sep 1, 2009 at 11:07 AM Post #13 of 16
Ok now im in a little bit of a dilemma. I just about have all the funds for the paradisea 3+ but can anybody confirm whether it comes with a power cable or usb cable?
I think I will need both and thats an extra $90US

Sep 1, 2009 at 11:14 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Ok now im in a little bit of a dilemma. I just about have all the funds for the paradisea 3+ but can anybody confirm whether it comes with a power cable or usb cable?
I think I will need both and thats an extra $90US

It comes without cables. However, you may use any computer USB (A to B) and power cable, these will cost much less than 90 USD and will have no detrimental effect on sound quality. In fact, they will sound exactly the same.

Cheers,
Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back