DAC for 650 w/ tube amp
May 11, 2007 at 3:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Dj.Evi*

New Head-Fier
I have the Sennheiser HD650 headphones, and I'm going to run them through a Darkvoice 336i tube amp, but I'm not sure what DAC to use. I would like to run my optical out from my motherboard into it, and my price range is around 250-300 US$ shipped.

May 11, 2007 at 11:34 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dj.Evi* /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the Sennheiser HD650 headphones, and I'm going to run them through a Darkvoice 336i tube amp, but I'm not sure what DAC to use. I would like to run my optical out from my motherboard into it, and my price range is around 250-300 US$ shipped.

Right up the street of the Beresford TC-7510. Right price range, DAC apparently designed using the HD650 high impedance as reference for the headphone amp ( on which it performs brilliantly.) You also got a few more inputs in case you ever need them. Their website shows it at U$180 shipped, so well inside your budget.

May 11, 2007 at 12:03 PM Post #3 of 5
I would suggest you a good soundcard, you will outperfort any dac in this range very easily.

I use X-Meridian 7.1 and have LM4562 opamp (they are on socket with this soundcard).

I own a Citypulse DAC ... 330$ US range ... it's very far behind the soundcard in any aspects.

Just connect headphone directly on the soundcard ... or to your amp if you prefer his coloration.

Good luck

May 12, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Herandu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right up the street of the Beresford TC-7510. Right price range, DAC apparently designed using the HD650 high impedance as reference for the headphone amp ( on which it performs brilliantly.) You also got a few more inputs in case you ever need them. Their website shows it at U$180 shipped, so well inside your budget.

Hmmm, that seems pretty good. I think I'll go with that setup:

Optical out from motherboard > TC-7510 > Darkvoice 336i > HD650

And I got some cables from MonoPrice.com to get them all hooked together. Seems like a pretty sweet setup to me, anyone here think otherwise?

May 12, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #5 of 5
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=233139

thats what the people here think
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back